Make every new day the best day of your life.

Make every new day the best day of your life...

Thursday, September 6, 2012

What a wonderful birthday...

Today is my birthday.  Traci, our guide in Fuzhou, and Bradd and Charity, the family staying with us in Fuzhou, gave me a lovely tea set for a birthday present.  When I get back to school we will sit down for tea. 

Yesterday, we went to a "tea" room.  We sampled three different types of tea and learned how to drink or sip the correct way.  It was beautiful.

Today we visited a Buddha Temple.  Traci showed us around and explained in great detail all of the aspects of each area.  On the grounds of the temple, in the water are many fish and turtles.  Eli seems to love the turtles best of all.  Of course he loves pandas too.

Eli seems to be settling down a little.  I believe that he is starting to bond with me and with Uncle "tu tu" David just a bit.  Of course I may just be imaging it.  We did have our first big cry after we returned to the hotel.  I cannot understand exactly what Eli wants some of the time, but the cry was because I took something away from him.  He got very mad at me and then began to cry.....Oh well.....  After about ten minutes of crying he stopped.  All is well again.

Tomorrow, which is Friday, we will travel to pick up Eli's passport and then fly to Guangzhou in the evening.  Flight number four......four more to go after this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment