Make every new day the best day of your life.

Make every new day the best day of your life...

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Back to the USA

Yeah!  We are back in the USA!!!  Staying in Southern California for a few days to visit with some of our family.  Tomorrow we are going to the beach for a little while with our cousins.  We went to the beach today....Eli liked the sand..a lot, but the waves and surf.....forget it!

The 12+ hour plane ride back was not that bad.  I did not get a lot of sleep, but Eli slept a little in the begining and the end.  He was a little loud and restless during the middle of the flight.  The rude man in front of us was annoyed, but he deserved it........he put his seat all the way back which gave me absolutely no room.  David kept trying to tell me not to let Eli kick the seat, but after a while it was fair game with the seat war.....

I cannot believe that Eli has been with me for almost two weeks.  He has come a long way and is starting to pick up some English.  I am also starting to understand what he is saying.  The temper tantrums at the restaurants have mostly subsided.  He does still throw himself on the ground occassionaly, but that too happens less and less.  My cousin has a 5 year old son that went with us to dinner.  Nate held Eli's hand as we walked on the sidewalk.  It was too cute. 
 
Holt families in Guangzhou with me.  What a great group of people.

1 comment:

  1. Jane,

    I am so happy for you. I cannot wait until your home! Meredith is so looking forward to meeting Eli!!!

    Jan

    ReplyDelete