Make every new day the best day of your life.

Make every new day the best day of your life...

Monday, September 3, 2012

We are in China

David and I have been in China for 5 days.  I had trouble opening up the blog because everything is blocked here.  Finally figured it out .....  We went to the Great Wall of China on Friday. Our guide Nancy said that you are a "hero" if you can make the climb.......well.....no one said that the first  tower climb would be so long, steep and exhausting.  I did make it to the first tower.  David continued on to many more, but the humidity and heat made me give up.  I did meet many people from  many different continents.  The girl beside me is from Italy and beside her the girl is from South Africa.
We also visited the Hutong section of Beijing and rode in a rickshaw. Saturday we traveled to the Forbidden City and Tianamin Square. Our guide, Nancy was terrific. She even went out of her way to make a special purchase. Thousands of people later and a celebrity status for us ( many families wanted us to pose with their children or families for pictures) we returned our hotel before going out to a local eatry with some new found friends.  I ordered pork ribs, but I am still not entirely sure if it was indeed pork.
Many, many steps......
Nancy and I in the Forbidden City


Africa, Europe, North America....COOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment