Make every new day the best day of your life.

Make every new day the best day of your life...

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Eli is finally asleep for a nap!

Wow, what a busy little boy!!!!  The last few days have been a whirlwind.  Sunday, within ten minutes of arriving at the hotel, I had to be on the third floor to sign a permission for Zhao Lin to be in my custody for the night.  As soon as we got back to the room everything became a cat and mouse chase as Zhao Lin said, "WOW!" and proceeded to touch and grab and touch everything, and I mean everything in the hotel suite.  Very quickly I raced around trying to remove glassware, forks, spoons, knives, vases, tv controllers, lamps, bottles of alcohol, tea cups and numerous other items.  His favorite word is "WOW!!!!!" when he sees something new.

Monday morning, we went back down stairs for me to sign all the adoption papers and to answer some questions for the representative from Fujian Province Ministry of Affairs.  Then we had our passport application to complete.  The very last question was "Do I promise to always love and take care of Zhao Lin?"  Absoutely, yes! 

Zhao Lin/Eli has calmed down a little since the first night.  He does usually make a lot of noise in the restaurant, but that is improving also.  I have learned a little bit of Chinese, but I don't think that he has learned much English.  He is also testing us.  Here are a few pictures from the last couple of days.

Signing permission to have Zhao Lin over night.
Our first family picture together.
Panda World, Fujian
How cool is this!

3 comments:

  1. He is beautiful~ I am so happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay--Jane, I am so happy for you. He is a little cutie. Will look forward to hearing all about your life together. Remember Hannah was almost four when I brought her home so if you ever need to "chat" just email me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jane! I'm so happy for you! Your son is so adorable and I'm so happy you two have each other! Let me know when my mom and I can meet him!

    <3 Nora

    ReplyDelete